Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Amman!

passage through the border went very smoothly!
all the warnings and fears i had were soon quelled
from the Israeli soldier who let sheera dive me all the way to the crossing so i wouldnt have to take a cab (granted only after assuming we dont undersand hebrew and telling her comrade to only pretend to get us permission to pass, so that she wouldnt have to take the 2 minutes to check the car)
to the other gaurd that asked me for my israeli passport but then let me cross anyway (israelis are not suposed to cross from Allenby) there were no people in either crossing and it went by quickly.
i even made an American friend who is living here and studying arabic who is hosting me wonderfully with tea and internet access.
Amman looks like a mix between Ramallah and Nablus if they had been given a chance to develop over the years.
The windy road from the crossing to here was nausiating but beautiful. mostly arid desert peppered with trees here and there

now im off to the airport

India here i come!

2 comments:

  1. hurrah for nice people... well alas your adventure begins...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't left the country yet and you're already doing something illegal. Sounds promising... I'll keep you in my bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete