Thursday, September 24, 2009

Delhi..

life is good.
and so is traveling alone
all day long im just meeting people who help me.
on the plane i met people who took me to a cheep hostel for my first night then they introduced me to an israeli who showed me a really straight guy to book my ticket to kashmir from, who then introduced me to these great kashmiri guys. one of which spent the day with me helping me try to change my useless shekels (which i cant, what a mistake)the other who has a carpet shop and happens to have a great afghani rug with kalshnikovs hand sewn on it(which i always wanted)
Umer, who walked arounf with me and made sure i wasnt ripped off all day,will meet me in kashmir next week and take me to his friends wedding there. i then randomly met a photographer i know from Jerusalem (wendy, small world)
everything is grand, no culture shock (yet) no delhi belly (yet) but alas also very little sleep for 3 days straight.hopefully all that ill change tomorrow on the houseboat.
hugs to all!

2 comments:

  1. keep updating us gorgeous. and photos. lots of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. houseboat. rug w/ those things on it. kashmir guides. running into ppl. sweet strangers. fantabulous. mmmmm...running into the rising sun if it was one image in my mind. yay, i love you.

    ReplyDelete